food safety

"Four Michiganders have been infected with E. coli as a result of General Mills flour and two had to be hospitalized. All are adults living in Ingham, Kent, Oakland, and Ottawa counties, the state Department of Health and Human Services announced today." (Detroit Free Press)

Andy Robins / WMUK

Kalamazoo Public School officials say parents should throw away some weekend food backpacks handed out on Thursday, March 12. They were distributed to about 600 kids at 12 of the district's elementary schools.

The Food Bank of South Central Michigan in Battle Creek says that some boxes of shredded wheat breakfast cereal contained insect larvae. The affected boxes have the lot number KBB 0211 on the top left corner.

U.S. Department of Agriculture, Wikimedia Commons

    

Michael Pollan says our current food system is not a product of the "free market." 

Previous report identified the young woman as a Kalamazoo College student

Woman ate hamburger at two restaurants in Southeast Michigan

Pages